Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love Jesus More Than Your Theology

I recently entered the "Twittersphere."  By the way, if you'd like to follow me, you can click here. What I have found on Twitter is that I have been blessed by the many edifying tweets I read on a daily basis.  This morning one such tweet that came from Anthony Bradley read, "The idolatry of precision & certainty tempts Calvinists to assume they have no blindspots."

This led to a discussion with my senior pastor, Hal Polk, in which he made comment that I found quite helpful.  The essence of it was that we always need to remember that though their theological constructs might not be as good as ours, many Arminians are far better Christians than we are.

Certainly, my prayer is that I might always strive to know truth and to know it truly.  But may I always love Jesus far more than my theology.

No comments: