Monday, January 31, 2011

Not Only Who We Are, But Who We Were

I don't know much about this church, but I love what I see in this video.  Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from John Newton, author of the hymn Amazing Grace:
"Though I am not what I ought to be, nor what I wish to be, nor what I hope to be, I can truly say, I am not what I once was; a slave to sin and Satan; and I can heartily join with the apostle, and acknowledge, `By the grace of God I am what I am.'"



(HT: Trevin Wax)

2 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Wow! This is powerful. Just simple words, but they say so much.... I know nothing at all about the church, but - like you - I liked this video a lot. In fact, I loved it!

Pete Scribner said...

Indeed, simple words, many of which are straight out of Scripture. I pray that all of our churches would be marked by a similar ethos.