Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jerram Barrs on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Much has been said within the Christian community about Harry Potter. I have neither read the books nor seen the movies. This was not because I felt there was something necessarily objectionable about them, but simply a matter of not being a big reader of fiction (to my discredit), and not having gotten around to see the movies.

That being said, I found the following comments by Jerram Barrs to be quite enlightening. Jerram was one of my seminary professors and I can think of very few (if any) people who I respect as much as him. In contrast to many Christians, Jerram is unapologetically supportive of the books. In the video below he discusses the redemptive themes found specifically in the final book of the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

***********   WARNING! THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS VIDEO!   ***********

No comments: