Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Call to Personal Holiness

Kevin DeYoung has a great post over at his blog today about personal holiness among younger evangelicals.  As I read it I spent half the time nodding enthusiastically in agreement with what he was saying and the other half wincing as I considered how justifiably convicting his words were in my life.

I wholeheartedly affirm that we are all called by God to the same standards of holiness, whether we believe in those standards, or even in God himself.  At the same time though, we within the church have historically spent too much  time and effort concerning ourselves with the holiness of those outside the Church, and not enough on that of those inside.  Kevin's post rightly calls Christians to live like Christ and examines some of the reasons we commonly don't.

Read the whole post here.

No comments: