Thursday, August 12, 2010

In That Day the Deaf Shall Hear...

I just saw this today; perhaps you've already seen it. If not, check out the video below and prepare to have your heart warmed as this eight-month-old baby who was born deaf has his cochlear implant turned on. Note specifically his reaction to hearing his mother's voice for the very first time.


I had the following three thoughts when I saw this:
  1. I must be having troubles with my contact lenses, because my eyes are getting a little watery.
  2. As cool as that was, that's the kind of thing the disciples got to regularly see when they followed Jesus (the restoration of hearing to the deaf, sight to the blind, etc.).
  3. As much joy as you could see in that little baby's face when he first heard his mother's voice, how much more joy will I experience in that day when I hear the voice of my heavenly father and see him face to face!
(HT: Joel Hathaway)

No comments: