Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Back in the Blogosphere

Sorry for my extended absence. You may have noticed that I had not posted anything since Easter.

Well, the month of April was a very difficult month. My family left for St. Louis to visit my parents in St. Louis after church on Easter Sunday (March 31). We arrived around midnight, and just a few hours later my father became ill. Twelve hours after that we were taking him to the emergency room. That night he was admitted to the hospital, where he would remain for the next 10 days until he ultimately passed away peacefully in his sleep as my sister and I sat by his bedside.

Needless to say, this threw a rather major monkey wrench in my regular routine. I've been spending the last couple weeks trying to get to at least some facsimile of "caught up." I feel like I'm starting to get close, so hopefully I can resume spending at least a little time each week posting things here.

I would like to express my thanks to the many of you who have been so gracious through your notes, calls, encouragement, love and prayers over the last month or so. I can scarcely express how much they have meant to my family and me. May the Lord bless you all at least a fraction of how much he has blessed me through you. If he should, you would be mightily blessed indeed!

No comments: