Monday, January 7, 2013

A Quick Thought...Just and Justifier


I was reading through Romans 3:21-26 and was struck once again at the amazing fact that through the cross of Christ, God was able to be both "just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." God could have given me what the rules required. Or he could have bent the rules so that they did not apply. But he did neither, opting instead for the cross.

As a result, though I am unrighteous, I am counted as righteous. Though I could never atone for my sins, through Christ Jesus, my sins are atoned for. Though I deserve condemnation I know that I will never be condemned. And all this without God ever violating the perfect standard of justice. Words cannot express how humbled this ought to leave me. Glory be to God!

1 comment:

Steve Martin said...

Amen!

That's why it is such Good News!

How good of news could it be, if we had to kick-in something (anything) to make it all work?