Monday, May 14, 2012

"Her Children Rise Up and Call Her Blessed"

When it comes to going to bed, my eight-year-old daughter is a world class staller. I thought I was good at it as a kid with my routine of asking for a drink of water, etc., but she has made an art form of it. Asking for extra hugs is a good tactic, albeit a little elementary. In my case in particular, the well-timed (i.e., right as the lights go out) theological question is quite effective in gaining a few more minutes of awake time. Last night though, was an all-timer. As I'm turning away from her bed to walk out of her room, she drops this one on me: "Daddy, I liked your sermon today."

Well, I'm not sure if she is the most discerning homiletical critic in the world, but I'll take it. And I was of course happy to chat about it with my eight-year-old for a few minutes, even though bedtime had long passed.

Anyway, if you'd like to hear some preaching that comes with my daughter's recommendation, you can click here and listen to my Mother's Day sermon from Proverbs 31:10-31, "Her Children Rise Up and Call Her Blessed."

No comments: