Monday, July 19, 2010

Are You Too Post-Evangelical/Missional/Post-Emerging?

C. Michael Patton has a good blog entitled Parchment and Pen. He often deals with weighty theological matters, and while I don't agree with his conclusions 100% of the time, I usually do. And even when I don't, I find Patton helpfully hought-provoking.

Sometimes though, he posts thoughts that are a little more on the lighter side of things. One example of this was the other day when he published a list of the Top Ten Signs You Are Taking this Post-Evangelical/Missional/Post-Emerging Thing too Far.

My favorites were:
5. You have yet to read the book of Romans believing Paul was too modern in his thinking.
and
2. When someone calls out your name you get angry saying, “Don’t label me. Labels are completely unhelpful!”

No comments: