Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"To Bring Small But Significant Redemption..."

It has now been almost two months since one of the deadliest tornados on record hit Joplin, Missouri.  In recent years, we've seen a number of natural disasters, causing massive destruction, but this one affected me more than any of the others.

Perhaps it is because it was in my native state, perhaps it was because I have family members who used to live in Joplin, or maybe it's because we stop there numerous times each year on our way to and from visiting family.  Regardless of the reason, it impacted me profoundly, and in addition to numerous tweets and status updates, I have posted a couple blog entries here and here regarding Joplin.

Today, I wanted to add one more.  Last month, my friend Kermit Summerall and the folks at Veritas (a ministry to college students at my alma mater, the University of Missouri) went to Joplin to help in the relief effort.  Their visit was chronicled in the short video below.  I especially appreciate Kermit's words, beginning about two minutes into the video.


Veritas assists in Joplin recovery from The Crossing on Vimeo.

No comments: