Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Father's Love

As the school year is just about to get under way here in Michigan, I am amazed at how fast my kids are growing up. It's an odd thing, because I remember how old I felt when I was their age, and at the same time I still see them as the little babies we brought home from the hospital.

Growing up is hard for kids, but it might be even harder on parents. Frank Cusumano of KSDK-TV, the NBC affiliate in my old hometown of St. Louis, recently did a fantastic feature on taking his oldest child off to college. As someone who was trained in sports broadcasting, I always admired the excellence with which Frank exercised his craft. Among the many great stories I saw him do though, this one stands out head and shoulders above the rest.

If you have children, please let me commend this piece to you. It's well worth the five minutes it will take to check it out.

No comments: