Thursday, March 3, 2011

What's Your Attitude Toward the Bible?

"In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word." (Psalm 119:14-16)
Below is one of the most simultaneously convicting and encouraging videos I have ever seen.  As I watched it, these two thoughts crossed my mind:
  1. What a great grace it is that the infinite and eternal God of the universe has not only revealed himself to us in his word, but has given it to us in a language we can understand!
  2. While I give intellectual ascent to the first point, why doesn't the pattern of my life more regularly bear this fact out?  That is to say, why am I so often satisfied with giving my attention to the likes of TV shows and facebook, when God has enabled me to give my attention to him?  Why is it that my reaction to opening up God's word is not more like the Kimyal people of Indonesia (if not in form, at least in spirit)?
May we all (starting with me), be amazed afresh every day with the wonders of the Bible.  And may we all, like the Kimyal people, hold God's word in our hands and place it in our hearts.



(HT: Collin Hansen)

No comments: