Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tim Keller on the Sovereignty of God

King's Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of JesusIn his new book, King's Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of Jesus, Tim Keller wisely writes, 
"(I)f I go to Jesus, he's not under my control.  He lets things happen that I don't understand.  He doesn't do things according to my plan, or in a way that makes sense to me.  But if Jesus is God, then he's got to be great enough to have some reasons to let you go through things you don't understand.  His power is unbounded, but so are his wisdom and love."
He goes on to further make the point,
"If you have a God great enough and powerful enough to stop your suffering, you also have a God who's great enough and powerful enough to have reasons you don't understand. You can't have it both ways."

No comments: