Friday, December 24, 2010

What Christmas Is All About

When I was in fifth grade, I took part in a play at school.  It was a production of A Charlie Brown Christmas and I played the role of Linus.

Ever since then, A Charlie Brown Christmas has been my favorite of all the annual movies and television specials that we see each December.  And my favorite part of all is the same now as it was then: Linus's monologue on the true meaning of Christmas (which is actually a direct quote from Luke 2).  It was quite a bit to memorize when I was eleven, but I suppose that even then, the Lord was preparing me to become a pastor.

Merry Christmas to you all and may you know the joy that comes with knowing the true meaning of Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm watching the movie right now as I read your blog. You need to ask Cami to act out Charlie Brown Christmas. It is really funny.