Thursday, March 11, 2010

Christianity and Sports

Anyone who knows me more than just a little bit knows that I'm a big sports fan. Recently Christianity Today had a cover story by Shirl James Hoffman arguing that Christians have by and large succumbed to the sports culture and need to dramatically change their attitude toward (and emphasis on) sports.

This has spawned somewhat of a discussion on the topic lately, and my fellow Michigan resident and friend Ted Kluck was on the Al Mohler Radio Program Tuesday discussing the relationship between Christianity and sports.

If you're a Christian and a sports fan, I reccommend listening to his appearance (can you "appear" on the radio?) with Dr. Mohler. To an even greater degree though, I suggest taking a look at Ted's book, The Reason for Sports: A Christian Fanifesto. It's a smart, funny, interesting read that I greatly enjoyed.

Ted has also co-authored two other great books along with Kevin DeYoung: Why We're Not Emergent and Why We Love the Church.

No comments: