Thursday, April 19, 2012

Roots and Wings: The Story of Indelible Grace

Yesterday I got my copy of Roots and Wings: The Story of Indelible Grace. Like countless others, I have been richly blessed by the music of Indelible Grace. Rightly described by my friend Zac Hicks as "the galvanizing force behind the Hymns Movement," this group of artists led by Kevin Twit has set much of the rich hymnody of the Church's past (including many long forgotten hymns) to fresh, new music.

The first disc of the two DVD set includes the 1 hour and 14 minute documentary gives a behind the scenes look at the history and work of Indelible Grace, interspersing interviews with performances from Indelible Grace's 2010 hymn sing at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. The second disc contains another hour-and-a-half worth of interviews, as well as three more performances.

Watching the documentary was both educational and edifying, and prompted me to thank God once more for the blessing that Indelible Grace has been in my life and the ways he has used them to stir up the affections of my heart.

Whether your church's worship style is as "contemporary" as they get or the most "traditional" in town, I recommend watching the preview below and consider learning more about Indelible Grace, perhaps even purchasing the DVDs or some of their music.

Additional note: If you live in Colorado, Oklahoma or Arkansas, a new tour has just begun and Indelible Grace may soon be in your neck of the woods. Check out their tour schedule here.

No comments: